Lost fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have been so busy the last few days that I haven't been paying much attention to what's going on in my tanks. Other then regular feedings. Well last night I went to my angel tank and couldn't find my other angel. The one swam up to me as they both usually anytime I'm near the tank. I looked everywhere in my tank ... Nothing! Finally my bf found her... Well what was left of her. Which wasn't much. Her poor little scull and spine! Picked clean of everything! I hardly could see it! :( my poor fish! I have no idea how she died. Water was good I fed them as I always did. I feel aweful for not noticing. I did notice that my clown loach has been much more active and about.

I'd like to get another angel bit am afraid of trying to introduce a new fish to my what was once a perfectly harmonious tank. Any suggestions on what to get or how to introduce a second angel again. I had a hard time the first time. It took a long time to get my tank a happy one.

Not a clue! I don't know what the other one was either. I have had them for about 2 years and could never tell. For a while I had a hard time putting any fish in there. It was always a battle . Never ended we'll but for about a year I got a great combo. Now I need another. I'd like another angel but I'm afraid it won't be as easy as running to the store and picking one up. Lol I'd hate for harm to come to any of them.

Km84 said:
Not a clue! I don't know what the other one was either. I have had them for about 2 years and could never tell. For a while I had a hard time putting any fish in there. It was always a battle . Never ended we'll but for about a year I got a great combo. Now I need another. I'd like another angel but I'm afraid it won't be as easy as running to the store and picking one up. Lol I'd hate for harm to come to any of them.

Aggression in angels is at the most high when breeding. I would suggest trying to sex the remaining fish and maybe you can get some answers. If the other was possibly a female and not interested in spawning, the existing (possible male) may have killed it.

The tube on a female is much wider, longer and well rounded than the males which is usually shorter and thinner. In most cases the tubes should be visible.

Think I would need one of each to compare. I have been trying for two years. And all I have are guesses! Lol angels are one of the hardest to sex. Those two were exactly the same so whether they are makes or females they were both the same.

That was a huge help! Thanks! With what that shows I think I have two males. Well had. I will double check when I get home.

So do you thinkI should get another male? I don't think my fish killed the other angel. Just ate him when he died. Not sure why he died. But I'm sure they didn't fight. What's your opinion?

Km84 said:
That was a huge help! Thanks! With what that shows I think I have two males. Well had. I will double check when I get home.

So do you thinkI should get another male? I don't think my fish killed the other angel. Just ate him when he died. Not sure why he died. But I'm sure they didn't fight. What's your opinion?

Really only one way to find out. I would check the water parameters before buying any other fish though.

It's a 40gal tall. With one angel fish , 2 k. Loaches. 1 clown loach, and what I thi k is some sort of butterfly or upside down catfish. Everyone has their own space and no one really cares much about the other. It's my favorite tank for that reason!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom