Lost my 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
So due to the power outage and having to leave for vacation before we it power back I lost every fish in my 10 gallon tank. :(

You should have had either an automatic battery feeder or those week tablet feeder pellets. Fish can live without a filter... if you plant some live plants in there, they will help control the toxins like nitrates.

Crazyfoxeye said:
You should have had either an automatic battery feeder or those week tablet feeder pellets. Fish can live without a filter... if you plant some live plants in there, they will help control the toxins like nitrates.

It has nothing to do with feeding them. The fish definitely need aeration and a filter. Those feeder blocks and power feeders are trash anyway. Fish can go weeks without food. They ALWAYS need clean water though.

Fallen, I'm sorry to hear that! Your side of town has power now, yes?

It has nothing to do with feeding them. The fish definitely need aeration and a filter. Those feeder blocks and power feeders are trash anyway. Fish can go weeks without food. They ALWAYS need clean water though.

Fallen, I'm sorry to hear that! Your side of town has power now, yes?

that's not true, if your tank is well planted, they can take care of the pollutants. I have a pond in my backyard, and fish have been living in there for over 5 years and there is no filter. Yes aeration does improve the tank but its not a necessity. Actually I think the reason they died is if they have tropical fish, the heater went out and the water got too cold.

I had a battery air pump and a feeder block. They died because our air conditioning didn't come on and they are on the top floor of my house. The water got too hot in the 100 degree weather we had for the week I was gone.

I believe power got back Sunday night but I left Sunday morning and the lady who was supposed to turn the ac on didn't so my fish got baked. :(

oh **** that sucks. Then I dunno what you would have to do to prevent that in the future.

FallenRedeemer said:
I believe power got back Sunday night but I left Sunday morning and the lady who was supposed to turn the ac on didn't so my fish got baked. :(

What a jerk! That's a shame :(
So what're your plans for the tank?
And as for the 100 degree weather, it was more like 105-110+ this past week. That heat index is what kills me! Rain this week, hopefully nobody loses power during these!

I don't know what I'm going to do with the tank. All I had in there were guppies and one albino bristlenose Pleco, which was my favorite from the tank. I'm just really glad that my 55gal was in the basement where it didn't get too hot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom