Lost SAE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought 2 SAEs and I know my red tailed shark finally decided to act like an RTS and never left them alone. Now one is missing. I think he may have jumped out of my tank which is uncovered, and on to the floor, and one of my two cats may have eaten him. He is nowhere to be found! Any ideas on where he could be? One of my platy's ran away and came out of hiding (where ever that was) a week after me presuming he vanished into thin air. I'm hoping I find my SAE soon :(

well if you are 100% sure its not hiding 2 options. one it died and the fish ate it or 2 it jumped out and the cat ate it. you can just move things around looking for it if you are really stressed.

I just am annoyed with the fact that it jumped, if it jumped. That will be my first case of a jumper. I guess I'll have to replace him when I go to work monday.

mine jumped out of the bucket when i was moving the tank to another room in the house. my dog wasn't sure what to do with it and was acting curious so i went over a looked at what she was doing and found the SAE on the floor and all hairy/fuzzy. i put it back in the water and it barely moved for a long time. it seems just fine now but i thought it was a goner. i had a flying fox that did the same thing but he didnt make it.

Back
Top Bottom