lots of bubbles in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mountaindew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wanted to know how to get rid of the bubbles.I have a 110 with a refugium with a protein skimmer in the refug.It seems like the return diffuser is where all the air bubbles are coming from,it looks like a snow storm.Any way to correct this problem

Do you have any baffles between the skimmer and the return pump? How big is your sump? Is it custom made or from a store??

After reading you post again are you sure that your return pump isn't sucking air somewhere? Are all fo these bubbles coming from your skimmer? Does your skimmer have a sponge over the outflow?

Can you take a pic of your sump and post it?

yes,the overflow does have a sponge and the bubbles are coming from the skimmer.I cant send pics at this time my computer is down and im using my wifes laptop

Not your overflow...I'm talking about where the water comes out of your skimmer....does that have a sponge on it? What kind of skimmer do you have? Is your skimmer part of your sump/fuge meaning it is not a stand alone skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom