Lots of Fry in a 10g. what to do now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have approximately 18 red zebra fry in a 10g tank. I just removed the mother yesterday and today she was rehomed. :-( The male OB just wouldn't let her be. But anyways, now I have all these fry. How long until I need to move them? They are really itty bitty still i can barely see em unless I 'm looking.

I have a 55g that I was selling but should i put them in there anytime soon? Also, when they get big enough i am bringing them into the cichlid breeder near me. Could I possibly raise them in the 10g until i can bring them in?

Any opinions would be great. :)
Thanks everyone

Fry generally need to be at least 1" before selling. You could raise 18 of them in a 10 gallon to that size with enough filtration and frequent water changes, but a 20 long or 29 would be a better option.

Fry generally need to be at least 1" before selling. You could raise 18 of them in a 10 gallon to that size with enough filtration and frequent water changes, but a 20 long or 29 would be a better option.

Thanks for the response! I think I'm going to try to raise them in the 10g at least til they are big enough to catch. lol
I only have an empty 55g at the moment and I'm looking to sell it asap so I didnt wanna put any fish in there

Back
Top Bottom