Love this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkullJug

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I am from Brisbane Australia. I got my first tank when I was eight and fell in love with the hobby from there. I have had my current 75g tank for about 4 years and am doing really well with it. I have learnt alot over the years, mostly by reading books, and getting the odd tip from www.thekrib.com

I am currently moving and thought I'd take the oppurtunity to try something new - I am keeping the tank setup(It works - why change it) the same but am trying a whole heap of new plants I've never grown before, will be keeping the glosso though.

I jumped on the web primarily to get some ideas about aquascaping, I'm pretty good with the technical side of the hobby but amano-like aquascaping still evades me. I stumbled upon this web site and think it is really amazing. I really enjoy chatting about tanks and there is some really great info on this site. It's got the be the best community on the web - So thankyou all for making it so great.

My fish are all named for Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters. My favourite is Clem, my sailfin pleco. But I also have a blue, three spot, dwarf, flame dwarf and platinum gourami (Angel, Spike, Xander, Willow and Faith). Throw in two angels( Faith and Kendra) , a tomiskas(Anya) three corys(Fry, Leila and Bender(Ok that's futurama not Buffy)) and a sole clown loach (Project 314 - He was rescued from the dirtiest tank I've ever seen - I was worried about him being lonely but he and clem are pretty mch unseparable)

I also keep a bunch of different tetras and rasboras (The scoobies)

I run an Eheim 2217. Use DIY c02 through a home made reactor which runs of my powerhead - The powerhead pre filter is a sponge filter that sits in front of the cannister filter which has made a HUGE difference to the filtration in the tank. I run a heap of light with 6 55w tubes 2 compacts and 4 t5s (2 of the t5s are 50/50). My substrate is home made layers of Gravel - Then a soil/vermiculite mixture topped with sand. I run an undergravel filter under it to simulate ground seepage, The uptake on the UGF extends above the water level, then I just have part of the filter outlet diverted to spay into it (so it heavily oxygenates the water).

Well that's about me, once again - Great site - Great community!

Am acutally buying a digital camera when I move in a couple of weeks so I can get some pics up - Watch this space.

Back
Top Bottom