Lowering my tanks PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I order to avoid shocking your fish, I would recommend doing a normal water change with 100% RO water treated with Equilibrium or similar product. Over the course of a month or more this will slowly bring your levels down to where they should be without overly stressing your fish.

I'd avoid the chemicals altogether as they can lead to other problems including making your algae situation worse.

i'd personally do something to stabilize my KH/GH/PH. high ph isn't nessecarily a big problem if it stays in the 8 range imho. as long as the fish are healthy.

test your KH/GH on your tank and tap. watch if ro a few days and look for fluctuations.

then look for a way to STABILIZE your ph more so than lowering it.

It's a product specifically made to add the buffers and mineral back into RO water. This is beneficial to both fish and plants as RO water is actually too pure for them. Buffers help to keep water parameters like pH stable.

Ah, very cool- So I could use just RO water and this stuff from now on then.

Does anyone have a link to the product site? i'm hoping i'll be able to find it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom