LR Plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisAre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can't figure out what these things are...
img_943164_0_0e337cd41d33fe265b79ea4afee06e86.jpg

Looks like aiptasia to me (with the long flowing tentacles, frontish). Not sure on the coral.
Possibly hair algae in the back/middlish and another macro algae (the "leafy" looking stuff).

aiptasia... for sure. Buy some kalkwasser powder from the LFS and mix it into a paste and feed it to them via a small eye dropper. They will literally burn up before you eyes.

I agree Aiptasia. The coral looks like a plate to me. Lots of hair algae and it looks like a type of kelp in the background.

Thanks for the replies!

I wanted to stay away from chemicals because it's such a small tank- 12 gallons- so I got a couple Peppermint shrimp.

Peppermints will most likely not eat something that big. Worth a try, but I'd get a hold of either some Joe's Juice or kalkwasser to make a paste with. Kalk paste, if made up thick, will stay put where you put it and won't effect your water chemistry - even in a small tank. It's best not to wait too long to get rid of the things, as they really do multiply quick.

I love Joe's Juice. It's really really easy to use...doesn't hurt the tank, and seems to work almost instantly. DO NOT try and scrape them out, lol, as there will be about 10 in your tank in the next few days as every little piece that floats off becomes a new anemone. Joes Juice now..peppermints for future hitchhikers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom