Ludwigia Glandulosa (plant) problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have this problem for a long time. Bottom leave turn yellow, then falling off. I am giving you all spec off my aquarium for easier analyzing. There are a lot of different deficiencies/toxicity in different web site that could be the cause. Someone must of had or know the cause looking at the picture or my fertilizer regime?

P.S. Forget the green spots, that's phosphate excess compare to nitrate. its seem to stick on it when its starting to die off.
P.S.Maybe not related but, Ghost or Amano shrimps have a great deal of problem to survive.
P.S. Here are nice clear photo for your convenience

(spect)

33 gallon
adding 1.9 g nitrate every day
adding 1.8 g phosphate every day
phosphate stable a 0.15
nitrate all use by the end of the day

gh at 120
calcium at 30 ppm
magnesium from tap water 8ppm
adding 6g magnesium (epson salt) at water change

adding c02 injection, ph regulator at 6.6 to 6.8. tap water at 7ph
light t5 2x 29w (6.5 inch from water)
no iron. don't know why, but every time i add just a little iron, i get fuzz algae
Rest of the plant are ok.
IMG_20130206_143310.jpgIMG_20130206_143334.jpg

So, you are dosing absolutely no micronutrients? That may very well be your problem. The other issue (that it looks like to me) is nitrate deficiency.

So, you are dosing absolutely no micronutrients? That may very well be your problem. The other issue (that it looks like to me) is nitrate deficiency.

i am adding all most 2 gram every day, is that not making a shock to the fish even worst the shrimps?

Also if i do add micro ADD start to bloom fast. But its possible that has change, my fertilizer is not the same. I will try, hoping it will be ok.

If you're adding about 15ppm everyday, I find it really hard to believe that you're using all of it by the end of the day. If you're getting algae when you dose micros, then there probably another fertilizer malfunction that needs to be addressed as well.

I am surprise has you are. But there you go. 1.9gram. All gone in the morning. Check 2 time. Same for potassium. You can see some hole in it. That potassium deficiencies right?

He are you measuring it? As far as I know there aren't potassium test kits available.

Edit1.1
Non I do not. It's from looking at the plants. If your telling me that this is not one of the symptoms then i will add less. but it look like i need more potassium from the look of it. Or maybe its not absorbing it. i can't tell, there no potassium kit

What are you dosing for micros?
Nothing, i think that my water contain what i need, if your telling me that this is the symptoms of not having macro then i will add it.

EDIT1.1
They'er other indication that could help determine my problem. Here are other problem i have in my aquarium.
1 shrimp dying
2 white foamy bubble on top of all tanks

ok then, i will add more nitrate. At 2gram rignt now, that a total of 22ppm. i will go to 2.4gram, no more. Adding that in the morning, every time, seem like a fertilizer shock for the fish and shrimps?

Further more, seem to me that adding potassium did not fix the problem. Maybe related to micro and fe not helping to intake the potassium. So, i will add csm+b. What do you think?

edit1.1
Also, its seem to me that there a lot of S04 that i am adding with potassium sulphate 12g total and epson salt 6g total (maybe more if i can), hope that there not a lot in my water originally. is it possible?

is this look good to you all, or you have other opinion on it?

You're adding potassium nitrate, not nitrate sulfate. I dont think sulfate is going to cause any problems.

Well, for now, no improvement, actually, it's getting worst. What i notice, is that most of my plants is having problem at night. i also have lots of foaming white bubble buildup on water surface when the lights turn off. i see a relation but don't know the cause. Can it be lack of oxygen? neon fishs look happy (shrimps don't survive) )and i do have top surface water movement . Or maybe a fertilizer overdose, or lack of light?

Back
Top Bottom