Lumps on yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
CAn anyone pls tell me what's up with my yellow tang . I just noticed this today and I have never seen it on him before . I have a about to be 4year old 75 mixed reef ( 8 frags),my levels are nitrates 0-5,phos 0 , ph 8.4, alk 10, cal 480-500 Thanks in advanced .

Attachments

• image-3297287007.jpg
    image-3297287007.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2204061081.jpg
    image-2204061081.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 102
Hondatek said:
Hard to tell from the pics but google lymphocytosis.

Ok I googled it and from a lot of what was shown looked more like burn marks on the flesh. I did see one or two pics of yellow tang with the same bumps so you might be rt. It stated that it's due to poor nutrition but I feed my tang a nice size sheet of green , and brine or mysis every other day Idk !!!

Yes the thing with lympho is it can cause secondary infections. That's why some of the pics you may have seen look different than yours does.

Hondatek said:
Yes the thing with lympho is it can cause secondary infections. That's why some of the pics you may have seen look different than yours does.

This is an early sign, I guess I'm gonna soak his food in garlic and vitamin and see how that goes .

Ok well FYI if it is lympho there is no cure. You just have to ride it out for about a month. Just keep him eating good and the water clean that's all you can do . Good news is that there is different strains for different fish. So if your tang has it only other tangs could get it.

Hondatek said:
Ok well FYI if it is lympho there is no cure. You just have to ride it out for about a month. Just keep him eating good and the water clean that's all you can do . Good news is that there is different strains for different fish. So if your tang has it only other tangs could get it.

 what a relief that's good to know , I will keep to the good feeding and see what happens . Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom