Mac's 20g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, now I want a kessil even more. I know how it feels, everything cluttered and crowded on the back.
I don't know, might be time to snag up a 40b this weekend.

Bribo you need to stop giving me ideas. First a rimless tank, now kessils. I don't have money for this right now....

A variety, I'm using the par bulb on the 10, I have a 6 bulb t5 on 1 20, a reef breeders value fixture on the other but am probably going to hook up my other value over the other 20, and a 4 bulb t5/ DIY led combo on my 40s. Will be switching to full led after I move at the end of the year

I don't know, but I think the fish gods are ruling in my favor. The $1 per gallon sale starts Sunday.... And I have Monday off. Maybe it's time to grab a dream 40b reef or 55 FOWLR.... I guess I could hold on the lights a little while if it mean a bigger tank.

I have a 40 breeder laying around that ill be setting up in a year or so. It is a great tank dimension wise

Well. I can't hang any lights from
The ceiling from now on. Apparently it is "unappealing". Guess I'll have I find a light that doesn't hang from there.

Alright! So, I searched through Craigslist. Took me calling an aquarium a couple different names, but I have found it. It's a55g tank, with a pump lights and sand. Also what seems to be an overflow box, but I'll drill it anyway. I messages the seller for more details. It's $179. I'll have that much by the end of this weekend, along with the funds for some rock. I don't know, but I think this is on a be an upgrade.

Well, the tank has cleared up A TON. It is crystal clear at this point. I will e heading to Petco today, as the $ per gallon sale has started. Who knows what I'll bring back. Pry a 40b... Not sure yet. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396200533.870055.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396200549.177694.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396200578.252593.jpg

The goby has found a new home. I left the tank bare bottom because I knew an upgrade was coming...

At the end of the day, the two would have costed about the same, after looking through stocking and all. It will really just end up boiling down to whatever footprint I like better when I get to petco at around 6:00.

Pry will. I've never seen a 40b in person, so well see. I think I'm going to order the remainder if the rock I need from either Reef Cleaners, or amazon.

40B does have a nice foot print , till you decide to go 75 then 90 - 125 - 250 and so on lol it just never ends

Back
Top Bottom