Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I reduced my feeding from daily to every other day to try reduce nitrates and phosphates in my tank I had a bit of hair algae guess it backfired

I reduced my feeding from daily to every other day to try reduce nitrates and phosphates in my tank I had a bit of hair algae guess it backfired

I just did the same thing... I had a problem with my CB not eating enough because it always hides. Today, it was all white and looked sick, I fed it and he brightened all back up.
Makes me wonder if the goby is having problems too. I'll have to make sure to get food for him when he comes out.

Mine has always had a deep purple color I would really hope to keep it but might not be able to I got a person who runs a marine shop from home she is willing to take the fish and swap for another kind of fish

Just a quick update,
I visited a different LFS today and it was amazing compared to what is around here. It's a 30 minute drive, but I don't mind.
They're prices are very reasonable and they have a good selection of corals, even ORA.
They had an amazing Red Sea tank.... It was stunning. The pics don't really do it justice though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402706802.056470.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402706814.838224.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402706825.223308.jpg

They also had what just have been a 1,000 gallon trapezoid system... It was a little dirty but stunning...
I plan on revisiting tomorrow... To actually but some stuff.

It seemed as if their sump was down on the coral tank, because they were working on it the entire time and yelling "The skimmer is down! It's been down all day! How? Get it one... No wonder it looks so bad." So you can tell, that it's supposed to be nicer.

It is the orders store in the area. Been open for about 20 years, it's also 11,000 square feet. Pretty cool...

Awesome, i like finding new lfs's in my area. It even better when they are good ones. That is a beautiful redsea system.

That's good mac mine is fairly active iv lost one head on my duncan due to him tho

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That sucks... I love Duncan's and I would hate to lose a head of one too him. From what I've gathered observing him, he doesn't like to nip at the rocks either. He isn't much of a grazer.., but he seems to love formula on pellets and mysis.

Yea mine is a major grazer never stops I think he has tasted some other corals but nothing major yet

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good luck on the coral beauty...mine is a terror after never being an issue. Nipped a clam to eventual death and I think a pocilopora colony too. Nothing else in the tank, even another pocilopora colony.

Good luck on the coral beauty...mine is a terror after never being an issue. Nipped a clam to eventual death and I think a pocilopora colony too. Nothing else in the tank, even another pocilopora colony.

So I've read. I've been following along with that, and it's what has worried me the most. I wasn't aware it finally killed the clam though. Sorry, I better hope mine stays a model citizen.

Back
Top Bottom