Makes no sense...Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i just tested my levels thinking my phosphate or nitrate were out of sack, right now I'm getting spurts of algae on my sandbed (green cyano) and has been there for a while. Just got done with tests and phosphate and nitrate are both unreadable, I'm going to do a 10 gallon WC tomorrow and 10 this weekend just to be sure but it makes no sense. My Calcium is 350 and Alk is 8 so calcium is a little low but i dont get it. Any other ideas? I haven't done a WC in a couple of months as my tank has been flourishing and most of everthing was perfect, i also dose and run biopellets and GFO.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391558833.071113.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391558849.732055.jpg

If the algae is bad enough it can use up all the nitrate and phosphate giving you false zeros. I would proceed with the assumption that they are both probably high and proceed accordingly

Test your pwc water to make sure you are not adding it into your tank. Also feed every other day.

Do a water change immediately. I would say maybe a 30 percent water change. Don't follow the assumption that if things look good then you don't need to do anything. Start doing weekly water changes and you should see some improvement. I would say 15 percent or even more weekly for a while.

You must do a water Chang like twice a month cuase all the fish crap and stuff builds up so it will help if u do a water change

Back
Top Bottom