Making a pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakerBoy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would it be ok to use one of those above ground pools as a pond liner? I don't really see any problems with it.

Why wouldn't it? Not trying to be stubborn, just enjoy the knowledge. What if I put a punch of news paper in there?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Granted, pond liners typically are guaranteed for 20yrs while pool liners run 5-10yrs. If its a very rough bottom, Try hitting your local carpet suppliers for some used carpet padding (free) to line it first.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I was considering going that route myself to save a few bucks. In the long run "you get what you pay for" :)

Would it be ok to use one of those above ground pools as a pond liner? I don't really see any problems with it.

I would strongly recommend that this would be a poor choice as you have no way of knowing what additives have been used in the manufacturing process of the pool liner. When I say additives these are used to resist uv, chemicals such as Chlorine, Mould etc and will almost certainly leach into the water over time.

I know that decent pond liners are expensive but they are the one part of a pond that you cannot easily replace and a it's right pain in the rear to replace so it would be far wiser to save up for a proper liner.

Back
Top Bottom