Male Bristlenose - advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bexxo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,

I have had my male bristlenose for around a month now, he is totally gorgeous and is about 4 inches long. I was just wondering whether he was a common one?? and how old he maybe??

Very much look forward to your replies, my first post :fish2:

Many thanks
Bex

Attachments

• spike all.JPG
    spike all.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 74
Result, thank you so much, that was a quick response. I was thinking of getting him a friend but he seems really happy on his own with loads of hiding places and veggies all to himself and I really don't want to breed (if I was that lucky anyway). Hope thats the right thing for him :ermm:

what size tank do you have? A bristle nose will only grow to about 4-5''.

I have a 110 litre tank at the moment, I will be upgrading to 180 litre tank in two months :) Hope thats enough space for him, he does have little friends swimming too like neon tetras, 2 mollies and 2 platties and a couple of Botia's which are fantastic.

Thank you for that, its nice to know I'm doing the right thing. The more space the better I am thinking. Some people on this site have monsterous tanks, very envious, very lucky fishes :cool:

Very true, a wonderful but expensive hobby ha ha!!!! I would have loved a common pleco but I wasn't planning on getting a 6ft plus sized tank! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom