male guppy bully?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10g tank with:

8 harlequin espeis
1 dwarf honey gourami
1 male guppy
assorted snails and shrimp

I had thought that the guppy might be chasing the harlequins around the tank a bit, but it was especially evident when I dropped a piece of zucchini in the tank (mostly for the snails/shrimp). He was almost protective of the zucchini slice, chasing any harlequin that came anywhere near it.

Truthfully, I don't know if I have anywhere to put the guppy if I need to remove him. My 20g high has a male betta in it, and my 5g tank is exclusively a RCS breeder. I have a 2.5g out of service, but even if I did get it up and running again, it's too small.

The sad thing is, he was an "adoption" from PetCo.

Do I need to get him out of the 10g (as I think I probably should)? Can I risk putting him in the 20g with a betta? And if I put him in the 5g, won't he prey on the RCS?

I would definitely remove him. He will prey on the RCS shrimplets, and possibly the adults. I've never heard of such an aggressive Guppy. I don't know where the best tank for him would be.

I would definitely remove him. He will prey on the RCS shrimplets, and possibly the adults. I've never heard of such an aggressive Guppy. I don't know where the best tank for him would be.

I just pulled him out now, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him next. I really think my male betta will rip him a new one, so I'm not confident about putting him in there.

Maybe back to the local PetCo?

Back
Top Bottom