Male guppy care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have searched all over to find info on caring for only male guppies (I do not want to breed) with male endlers. All I get is breeding info. What exact water parameters do I need? And can you go with doing a 25% monthly water change for these? I keep reading to do 10% daily or 30% weekly, but that just sounds like a lot of parameter changing. I have always heard 25-30% monthly after full cycle. What should I do? I want to have an all male tank of guppies and endlers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its impossible to tell you that a certain % of water change will work regularly for everyone. It all depends on stocking levels, tank setup, and amount fed.

In general, 50% weekly water changes are more than enough for everyone. Do water changes based on nitrate levels, try to keep them below 40ppm.

As far as parameter levels goes, guppies and endlers are super forgiving. Just make sure theres no ammonia or nitrites and a low levelbof notrates and they will be fine.

Its impossible to tell you that a certain % of water change will work regularly for everyone. It all depends on stocking levels, tank setup, and amount fed.

In general, 50% weekly water changes are more than enough for everyone. Do water changes based on nitrate levels, try to keep them below 40ppm.

As far as parameter levels goes, guppies and endlers are super forgiving. Just make sure theres no ammonia or nitrites and a low levelbof notrates and they will be fine.

So basically just test regularly and go off those needs. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom