Male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orange Oreo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so hello! I'm New and I have a question that I need to be answered. Is this molly a male or female? I looked at many pictures, read other forums but for some reason I can't tell if this is a male or female. It has the long fins like a male, but it doesn't have the pointy tip like a male. I am now questioning myself whether this is a male or female. Thank u so much for reading and answering. Please forgive me if I have chosen the wrong forum to put this in. Thanks![emoji3]

-Orange Oreo

Ya I know I'm getting it right now. It's kind of hard getting a picture of a fish[emoji38]. Anyway here ya go.

Attachments

• 20170727_174957.jpg
    20170727_174957.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 125
I got it from Wal-Mart. I know it isn't the best place but she was so cute and I loved her fins. Could they have put her in the wrong place? She sure looks like a molly to me, she just has longer fins, do mollies not have long fins? Also could u please tell me if this molly is pregnant? She has the square shape to her but I'm New so I want someone that know a lot more than me. Thank u!

Is she pregnant?

Attachments

• 20170729_134404.jpg
    20170729_134404.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 112
Omg no way! I'm so excited! ? Thank u so much, I know I say this a lot but I really do appreciate you answering me. Is there any veggies I should feed her because I've tried and none of them eat it, they eat the actual food but they won't go for the veggies that I have hanging in the water. Should I feed the veggies to them like on like toothpick or something? Is there something I need or need to do for them to eat it. Do I need a veggie clip instead of hanging it directly in the water so I can hang it lower and if u can give me some reccomendations of veggies that would be great.

I usually feed peas, zucchini, and cucumbers, which are a favorite of my fish. I typically just cut it up into really small, bite-size pieces and drop into the tank.

Thanks for checking, I really appreciate it. Your definitely one of the most friendly people I have met so far.?

Is she pregnant?
She will give direct birth to the babies the gustation period my me of 2 weeks as u can see that the shape of the stomach is know looking like box shape . I will recommend u to keep that female seprate from other fishes bcz most of times fish can give birth at night n u will never find the babies bcz the parents eats them .

I got it from Wal-Mart. I know it isn't the best place but she was so cute and I loved her fins. Could they have put her in the wrong place? She sure looks like a molly to me, she just has longer fins, do mollies not have long fins? Also could u please tell me if this molly is pregnant? She has the square shape to her but I'm New so I want someone that know a lot more than me. Thank u!
20170706_131834.jpg my wal mart LADY now teenager BOUGHT Her As A Dime Size From Them ⚘THEY Really Do Have Good Fish Look At The General Angel Fish ?

They just don't take good care of their goldfish......they were all dying and they would have been such nice goldfish. Some of their gold fish looked like a year old and were very cheap despite how big they were. If I went to a actual fish store and they were that big they would have been like 20-30 dollars. It's really sad, but their mollies were so nice looking! I just had to get a couple. Some of their fish are in very good condition though. For me where I live its always the Goldfish that are in horrible condition. I wish I could take them all home and make them feel better and not be all squished in TINY tanks that has so many fish in it already! Some of the fish just need bigger tanks for one of the species. That what gets me so angry, but it's not fair to the fish if we don't buy them just because Wal-Mart doesn't take good care of them. They are just suffering if we leave them there. Anyway, sorry for the little lecture I just let everyone know about. My bad[emoji23] Beautiful Angel fish by the way. Very nice looking.

Thanks She's my Girl from Wal-Mart! It's all good they R training!
I've brought fish at the BIG stores LOL lve returned them Dead due to there bad tanks NEVER Wal-Mart l have 3 tanks 1 5GAL 1 20gal 130Gal Most Fish NOW alive is Walmart 2yrs General Girl Anglel Fish her 1st name Was Thoughtful Then became Bossy So She's The General And She's Hung ?

They just don't take good care of their goldfish......they were all dying and they would have been such nice goldfish. Some of their gold fish looked like a year old and were very cheap despite how big they were. If I went to a actual fish store and they were that big they would have been like 20-30 dollars. It's really sad, but their mollies were so nice looking! I just had to get a couple. Some of their fish are in very good condition though. For me where I live its always the Goldfish that are in horrible condition. I wish I could take them all home and make them feel better and not be all squished in TINY tanks that has so many fish in it already! Some of the fish just need bigger tanks for one of the species. That what gets me so angry, but it's not fair to the fish if we don't buy them just because Wal-Mart doesn't take good care of them. They are just suffering if we leave them there. Anyway, sorry for the little lecture I just let everyone know about. My bad[emoji23] Beautiful Angel fish by the way. Very nice looking.
Most of the fish and goldfish they have cramped in one tank they sell as feeder fish to feed to other fish so they don't get treated as well as the rest of the fish, and that's no excuse but that's just the way they do it and it's really neglectful.

As for the veggies, if you use some garlic guard it may entice them into eating them.

Back
Top Bottom