Male Peacock tank! stocking! Needs and Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molliwopp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a juwel rio 240 in black which is 4ft and 65gallons. Im completely new to cichlids but believe im a fast learner, who isnt when its something youre passionate about. The tank is currently in my garage going through afew leak tests.

I have ordered a eheim 2217 which should arrive at any time.

Im going to start slowly and build this tank up from scratch over the next few months. All cichlid keepers wanted and appreciated right here.

I'll be doing a step by step picture log on the progression and completion of this tank. If you want to help me, Sub and watch this space. Thanks guys, first pics of the tank and filter coming in the next few days.

My first question is how many 5 or 6inch male peacocks could i keep happy?

Thank you. Yeah 10 sounds good to me and will make my nitrates easier to keep on top of. What about 8 Peacocks and one of the smaller haps for a centre piece?

Ive cut the juwel internal out of my tank for more space and so only have the eheim. You think my 2217 is going to Handle this tank ok Or is a second a good idea? Ive read mixed opinions..

Back
Top Bottom