Many tenticles and can move quick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neptune333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I took a look in my tank and saw this creature with tenticals. I thought it could be a big baby brittle star fish but it has alot of tenticals. I'm trying to take a pic of it but my shrimp touched it and moved pretty quick and hid. Any ideas.

Yeah I found what it is Thx !!! but Its AIPTASIA... I have a cleaner shrimp and I was told by the pet store that it eats aiptasia... but I saw him touch it but no go. the aiptasia just hid in the live rock. how do I kill it without hurting my tank and fish ???

I think peppermint shrimp are the ones that eat aiptasia, if I'm not mistaken. To my knowledge, scarlet cleaner shrimp (which I'm assuming is what you mean by 'cleaner shrimp') will not eat Aiptasia. Some peppermint shrimp won't touch aiptasia.

You could use Joe's Juice.

Agreed, it's peppermint shrimp that sometimes will eat aptasia, but only when the aptasia is small, and not every peppermint shrimp will eat them.

joe's juice is likely your best solution here. You'll want to get rid of them before they spread.

Back
Top Bottom