Marineland canister 350,filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizzepi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a magnum 350 canister filter,i cleaned everything and it seams like theres hardly any pressure coming out,its only a couple of monthes old,any body have any ideas?

Whenever I want to increase the flow/pressure of my canisters, I clean every part of the filter. Something could be stuck in the impeller shaft or intake strainer/tube that is constricting flow.

My marine land canister filter doesn't put out much either, it's surprising, but don't base it on how much water is coming out, base it on if your water is crystal clear or not

My marine land canister filter doesn't put out much either, it's surprising, but don't base it on how much water is coming out, base it on if your water is crystal clear or not
,,thank ill remember that , good advice

You can get crystal clear water with a $6 sponge filter. Canister filters in general are not good at water polishing.

The reason canisters have a lower flow rate vs their size compared to HOBs is to allow a longer contact time between the water and the biological media. A little Aquaclear 110 has a higher flow rate than almost every canister filter out there.

You can get crystal clear water with a $6 sponge filter. Canister filters in general are not good at water polishing.

The reason canisters have a lower flow rate vs their size compared to HOBs is to allow a longer contact time between the water and the biological media. A little Aquaclear 110 has a higher flow rate than almost every canister filter out there.

While it is true that a sponge filter can achieve crystal clear water, I disagree about canisters not being good at polishing. Canister filters generally have room for more filter media, which allows water polishing. A sponge filter wouldn't be as good at polishing because it has a very low flow rate, which means debris won't get sucked in and trapped.

While it is true that a sponge filter can achieve crystal clear water, I disagree about canisters not being good at polishing. Canister filters generally have room for more filter media, which allows water polishing. A sponge filter wouldn't be as good at polishing because it has a very low flow rate, which means debris won't get sucked in and trapped.
Yeah, I've gotta say, I've got 2 lizards 2 turtles and a bunch of fish in one tank, and my canister filter keeps my tank crystal clear and like always its sand friendly :)

Back
Top Bottom