Maroon Clown attempted suicide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I decided to set my lighting timers differently last night before bed so I crawled underneath to punch in the times. I glanced over to see what looked like a plastic clip in the shape of a clownfish that held lettuce to the side of the tank for feeding - then realized that I hadn't even see that clip in ages.

Yep, it was one of my maroon clowns that had jumped out of the tank and by sheer dumb luck I just happened to be there. Gave him a quick rinse and tossed him back. This morning it seems there are no ill effects.

I'd do a full battery of water tests then. Fish sometimes try to 'escape' the tank when something in the water is irritating their skin, gills, etc.

But if the tests are all cool, adn the fish aren't flashing, then it's just one of those quirky things that fish sometimes do.

Clown Monarch, you got lucky! Elvis, my longnose hawk decided to take a magic carpet ride, a 40 dollar mistake!! (and he was a really neat fish too!)

Back
Top Bottom