Maroon Clown / Coral Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
Ok this may sound strange , I been noticing more and more between my clown and coral beauty that there doing the mating dance , seems the male clown rather hide than chase away the coral beauty from his mate, is it possible to get a cross breed clown / coral beauty
I just curious about this since its going on more and more (y)

Ok this may sound strange , I been noticing more and more between my clown and coral beauty that there doing the mating dance , seems the male clown rather hide than chase away the coral beauty from his mate, is it possible to get a cross breed clown / coral beauty
I just curious about this since its going on more and more (y)

No you can't they are from different families and this can't create offspring. Are you sure it isn't aggression?

bummer
No there like best buds they get along good , it seems to make the male clown jealous
it's the way they rub up on each other almost like a mating dance don't seem aggressive at all
I'll try and get a short video
the 2 clowns never left ones side and now it seems the coral beauty stole the male clowns Ole lady , kinda funny thinking about it , it even happens in the fish world

I know this post is a little old but I just ran into the same exact thing. I bought a Coral Beauty yesterday and within minutes it was dancing with my female Maroon Clownfish (they are both about the same size). She didn't just tolerate it either, seemed to like it, she would peek out of her little cove and watch for it to come back. With the coral beauty not having any real significant traits specifying gender I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.

My question is, it's been 7 months since you've posted that, are they still friends? Do they still do it? Did the male end up sex changing due to not have a mate anymore?

yes they are still buds , since than I had added a flame angel and the small clown dances with the flame , there is no aggression what so ever in my tank , at nite the 2 clowns huddle close to one another , but during the day they both go there own way with the flame and coral beauty its kind of funny

Wow, very good to hear. I did notice she slept with him at night as well.

It's always so interesting to she how each fish will react to one another but when something like this happens, it shows how random this hobby can be. Never sises to amaze.

Another question in regards to having a Coral Beauty and an Flame Angel (I'd love to have that combo)in the same tank. I was told that those 2 would not get along due to similar sizes and to both being Angels. Are these in your 90 gallon and they get along?

yes there in my 90
if you want a pair you need to get them young and introduce at the same time makes it easier for them and you
they will nip at one another for a day or so till they figure out they have to co exist together the young ones are the easiest to do this with as they don't know any better

Ahh, there's the catch. My Coral Beauty is already 3 to 4 inches and that's what they are said to max out at so I'm assuming its not a juvenile and more.

I'll give it a shot next time around. Very beautiful fish for such a low price and very hearty. Can't really get any better of fish for your money in my opinion.

Lol see I have the exact opposite. My female maroon chases off the coral beauty

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom