Maroon Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff8183

Aquarium Advice Activist
Alright, hes got like a white slime on him, his top fin and one side fin looks kind of rough, i have some pimafix left over from my last QT but doest anyone have a better recomendation because it didnt save my last fish which was a clown trigger

apperciate it but i dont think thats it, the slime is not really near the gills its mostly attacking his fins, and hes showing no sign of lack of oxygen, hes swimming around fine eating fine his color is bright just parts of him dont look good like a film on him

jeff8183 said:
i dont think thats it, the slime is not really near the gills its mostly attacking his fins,
The parasite interfers with proper gill function, the slimey coating will hover about anywhere on the body.

his color is bright just parts of him dont look good like a film on him
Film or little tufts of cotton like substances? Any resemblance to a sheen or dusting of gold flecks?

Cheers
Steve

yeah i just took like 40 of him and none of them turned out great because he swims way to fast but u can kind of make it out, ill just start a new post with a pic on it called maroon clown 2

Maroon Clown 2

its not the greatest pic but maybe it will work

Attachments

• picture_099_202.jpg
    picture_099_202.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 81
Merged the two topics. Its best to keep the discussion to one topic.

That clown looks awful. Is part of its tail missing or just not showing in the pic?

It helps some... another question though, sorry.

Do the white parts look milky or more solid and substrantial. Sorta leaning towards Brooklynella but I need more "clarity" so to speak. It makes a large difference in the treatment type.

Cheers
Steve

ive only had him for a week, so im thinking ill just take him to the lfs and let them have him so they can treat him, because i would rather give him to them then just let him die

Back
Top Bottom