Marty's 20g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MartyMA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone...

After getting my feet wet again with the 6g fluval edge, I decided to upgrade a bit. Purchased a 20g long from my LFS. I know I could have trolled craigslist for something but really wanted a fresh start and at the same time support a local business that is not some big pet warehouse. Not to say I won't shop smarter later. Just like to build a local relationship. Anyway, here are the specifics: 20lbs of eco-complete layered with about another 20lbs of a small sized gravel. I don't like the black substrate alone so wanted a layer of something lighter. Right now only substrate and two large pieces of rock (granite) that I used 30yrs ago in a 30g. One is pink, the other white. The lighting is kind of robust - SolarmaxHE T5 lighting system (10,000k and 6700k). The tank is sitting on a black metal stand. Very old school as I don't care for the fancy woood cabinets. Personal choice. Inhabitants will be 'N' class Ender's Livebearers, CRS and maybe some micro cories. I would like to find some 'branchy' rather than tree-trunk type driftwood and of course a ton of plants. This is just day one of cycling. Ammonia added. Some testing tomorrow. Couldn't attach a pic for some reason.

Here is the 1st pic. Nothing but cloudy right now. Looking forward to better tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom