Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright. I just am mad at myself for moving them. They where perfectly fine before. Oh well.

Exactly. Atleast the last one is ok! He was my first one. He's survived going into a filter and the 1g.

So what should I do with my 40$ this Friday..... Probably get some sand or salt. Most likely salt. I decided that I'm going to buy my rodi water from my lfs till I get my tank established then buy an rodi system.
Spheres what it looks like with funds:
100$ish- Christmas, parents.
50-100$- Christmas, grand parents.
80$- work money.

I think that will be plenty to get this tank set up.
If I get salt this weekend then all I need is

Sand- 40$ 60lbs
Test kit- my mom said she'd get it
Rodi water- 15$
Egg crate- 12$
Dry rock- 115$ish 50lbs
Live rock- 10$ 1lb
Skimmer?- 60$ aquaticlife 115
Chemi pure- ihavenoidea$
Fuge light-10$

So I'm looking at about 200-260$ depending on wheather I get the skimmer.
:)

Do you have a reflectometer yet? At $25 (look on eBay), it is a must have item when making up your own water. The little plastic boxes with the floating pointers are always wrong and keeping your salinity right is important.

Gregcoyote said:
Do you have a reflectometer yet? At $25 (look on eBay), it is a must have item when making up your own water. The little plastic boxes with the floating pointers are always wrong and keeping your salinity right is important.

Thanks! I'll get it.

Update # 1253236786544(I apologize)
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 pink spot goby
1 Ora blue mandarin or six line(well see when the time comes)

What order do you guys think I should add them?

around these parts if your getting your rodi from the store you could just get the premixed for 50 cents more per gallon. dont know if that would hurt or help you on your budget

Update # 1253236786544(I apologize)
1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 pink spot goby
1 Ora blue mandarin or six line(well see when the time comes)

What order do you guys think I should add them?

you will love the banggai, and just because its an ora mandarin, doesnt mean it wont revert back to a pod only diet or revert to them as a supplement to its diet. maybe a heads up maybe just too cautious

coffeetwitch said:
you will love the banggai, and just because its an ora mandarin, doesnt mean it wont revert back to a pod only diet or revert to them as a supplement to its diet. maybe a heads up maybe just too cautious

Yeah I know. I have alot more research to do. It's just a thought. I won't do it unless I know I can make it 100% happy.

coffeetwitch said:
around these parts if your getting your rodi from the store you could just get the premixed for 50 cents more per gallon. dont know if that would hurt or help you on your budget

Yeah It's 1.25 here and I did the Math and I can spans 40$ on a bucket of salt that will last me a years worth of pwc.

Ohh! Haha I'm in fort worth Texas. And me too! Well see once the tank is established and the first 5 fish are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom