Maxi-jet mod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found this video of a maxijet mod while looking at something else unrelated. I have no idea what the mod is or anything, just the video. It looks like he stuck a white thing on the end or something to help create random flow. Does anyone have any more info on this or know of a way to modify maxi-jets to have a more random flow?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9029299545736990658&q=tunze

TIA

I am running something similar and think it is a worthwhile mod. You can take a MJ1200 that normally pushes 295 gph and get somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400+ gph.

Most of the mods use pvc and a RC boat propeller(s). There is a LONG thread on RC about this. I am running one from a guy that was molding propellers as a kit and but can't recommend him since he is no longer answering e-mails. The DIY route is easy enough but I chose not to fool with it this time. Mine works great except I have mine on a wave timer. Since a maxijet can reverse the direction of the impeller, you have to have a stop on the kit to prevent the impeller from sucking instead of pushing. Mine gets stuck and won't correct itself. Definately moves some water. Pushes A LOT more than my Seio 620.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom