Max's 40 Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I finally tested the water for nitrates. It's less than 5 ppm, but there is definitely more than 0. I am dosing some nitrates now.

I had a bout with BBA about six months ago and the standard approach of PPS-Pro, target dosing Excell, slightly elevated CO2 and shorter photoperiod until about a week after it was gone knocked it out. I still use Excell along with CO2 and it keeps it from coming back.

Wow! All 4 bulbs are 6500K? It doesn't have any nm bulbs?

Sorry didn't finish my thought. Are none of your bulbs roseates? I'm not an expert "yet" but I would recommend you consider a couple of the bulbs for some roseate bulbs. They bring out some color and are supposed to be better for plants.

Sorry didn't finish my thought. Are none of your bulbs roseates? I'm not an expert "yet" but I would recommend you consider a couple of the bulbs for some roseate bulbs. They bring out some color and are supposed to be better for plants.

With terrestrial plants, the blue end of the spectrum is supposed to be for growth, while the red end for flowering. I believe it is about the same with aquatic plants, so I am not really sure how much the plants will benefit from the roseate bulbs.

Starting to see some improvement. Less algae on the micro sword. The HC is exploding.

ForumRunner_20130329_160941.jpg

I have a question about your lighting.
Does that timer allow you to set up different programming for different lights. For example: Are you able to schedule your daytime lights from 12p-10p and then have your moonlights from 10p-11p?

Back
Top Bottom