me new 90 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I tested tonight and my readings are no 0-ammonia 0-nitrite 5-nitrate. Yipee. Tomorrow I add a background and maybe some more rock from my 46.

What do you a think of the transfer thus far?

I wasn't sure of the equipment that came with this 90, but after doing some research I have discovered that the pump, or EcoTech MP40, is really bada$$. I am about to try and create a wave as they did in this video...EcoTech Marine | Vortech MP40w
Wish me luck!

We figured out exactly why the ammonia spiked so fast with the dead coral beauty, it was attached to the ecotech all morning. The fan was breaking it down all night. But everything caught up quickly.

Speaking of the ecotech, I'll take a video tomorrow of my wave and reef. Stay tuned!

I was looking at my amphipod population on my glass and I looked just beyond the glass and saw what looked like a baby shrimp trying to swim....I don't own any shrimp...but it was about 2mm long and had a red back, clear bottom and face and a clear tail. It was flicking around trying to swim...could I have baby shrimp if I don't have a shrimp to produce them? Sounds stupid but I'm positive it was a shrimp.

LOL, could be an uber pod. I have alot of those guys, they are almost fish size sometimes. Got a pic?

Thanks redsea.
Carey, unfortunately I don't. I was studying it and the my my fan sucked it up...I've been looking around for more though. I have giant pods that come out at night...but they're all clear. This one had a red back, it's really strange. I need to get a better camera because my iPhone takes crappy pics anyway.

Since my scooter has been on hold for me at the petstore, I decided to study my pod population for the past couple of days. They cover every inch of my glass, front to back, top to bottom. I have plenty of rock so I figured I'll go pick my scooter up...well, they had a mandarin. So I traded him out. He's nice and fat. After having him in for two days, it appears my pod pop is still growing. They are everywhere and I see exoskeletons of the bigger pods flowing around so I know they're still growing and molting. It's hard cause now I don't want to clean the glass and kill his food supply...

Youre just having a normal phase with the pods. every few weeks i will get a literal carpet of them on my glass and within a week or so they die back down. I just swoosh them off with my mag float. lol

So where the picture of the new guy huh? You know pictures are like a requirement here hehe

I've been trying to take a good one for the past couple of days! He stays in the shaded area. I'll get one tonight.

The 30 I built for my friend has been cycled! I needed to rehome my clowns since my 90 came with two so I figured I'd give em to my friend. Here's a pic of them two days later. He is planning on getting more rock.

Attachments

• image-452044010.jpg
    image-452044010.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 135
Here's a bad pic of my mandarin but it's all I can get tonight!

Attachments

• image-1813769794.jpg
    image-1813769794.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 136
Sergie said:
I picked up my 90 gallon yesterday. The rock that came with it was stocked with corals. Due to some unexpected turn of events that led to more than one delay, I could not get the tank up and running as soon as I got home. So I put most of the corals in my 46:

And the rest in a styrofoam container with a small filter, heater and the fish that came with.

As soon as my tank clears up I'm planning on putting all the live rock back in and maybe the chromis. I believe a spike should be avoidable...

Wow! That's awesome! I have always wanted to have a saltwater tank but I can't because I don't have the money. Lol

It is pretty awesome. Almost 2 weeks in and all fish are great. Corals are all growing. And my mandarin is still busy picking at rocks all day. The new lights will be in around 2 tomorrow. I'll try to get new pics up tomorrow night. The legs for my lights will be in Wednesday so I can get the lights off of my ceiling and skittles closer to my tank.

My new lights and my legs for my light fixture came in yesterday. Here are some pics from everything put together.

Attachments

• image-1096306564.jpg
    image-1096306564.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4274804930.jpg
    image-4274804930.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1722194709.jpg
    image-1722194709.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 107
After putting my mounting legs on this fixture, all the corals were almost instantaneously getting bigger. My torch was double the size it was and my frogspawns grew substantially as well. My trumpets new heads grew pretty much overnight. Why was I being told that running only two 150w metal halides was a bad idea and not enough light?

Lol I have 2 250ws 2 t5s and I hate them because it's alot of light for my 75g I'm looking for a 4 or 6 bulb t5 light or 2 150ws. I'd trade if you want lol

Back
Top Bottom