Medicated water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha1978

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I'm hoping there is someone out there that can give me some advice...... I have a 300 litre aquarium and the PH level was very high so I researched and read that Almond leaves were good to reduce the PH level, I also had a couple of sickly clown loaches that seemed to be loosing weight and I understood that the leaves also had some anti fungal and antibacterial properties and thought this might improves the fishes health overall.

However, the leaves started to turn my crystal clear water very murky, this wasn't just a stained yellow like all the reviews suggested, it was really murky, I decided to take the leaves out and do a couple of water changes and this reduced the murkiness a lot, i decided i could live with slightly murky water if the properties in there had some benefit to the fish and I am now medicating the water as I think that the clown loaches may be getting very skinny due to a possible internal parasite.

My problem now is, the water has become very, very murky again and its only been 4 days since my last water change, I have dosed the tank with 2 doses of Sterazin and I am due to do another dose on the 10th and then another 2 after that.

My question is (Sorry about the long winded message) shall I do a water change to reduce the murky water and appropriately redose the amount of water I put back, or just continue with the treatment and do the water change once the treatment period is over.

The fish don't seem bothered by the water at all, in fact, they seem very happy and lively, the clown loaches already look like they've put on weight in just the past 4 days.

all the other perimeters are perfect

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0

i have
2 swordtails
10 guppies
5 angels
4 clown loach (i've since been informed that my tank is an inappropriate size for them but the are only babies at the moment):(
2 bristlenose pleco
2 mollies
5 denison barb
2 german blue ram

what should I do

Back
Top Bottom