Melafix and labyrinth fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishobsessed7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have have some fin rot in one of my tank that has a gourami and the other has a betta. If I take them out and put them in another tank how long will it be before I can put them back in. I realize that most people don't think melafix works but last time I used it (before the gourami) it worked well.

Fishobsessed7

I have have some fin rot in one of my tank that has a gourami and the other has a betta. If I take them out and put them in another tank how long will it be before I can put them back in. I realize that most people don't think melafix works but last time I used it (before the gourami) it worked well.

Fishobsessed7

Correcting the environment is the best way to alleviate the symptoms of,fin rot. My guess is to keep the affected fish in the QT until they mend and do frequent partial water changes to improve the environment in the main tank.

Many say melafix doesn't work, I find it helpful more for my peace of mind, but you have to be mindful of your dosage and need to remove activated carbon.

Clean water will clear up fin rot very quickly and easily. Just work on getting the nitrates as close to 0 asnpossible and keep them there.

Back
Top Bottom