Melting Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

05spooln

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
It's been along time since I've been on here. Just been really busy working. Long story short, in my 29 BC, I have been pretty much maxed out for awhile and just keeping up with maintenance. It's been running for about three years. All of a sudden I have melting zoos just on one side and I haven't changed a thing as far as salt or water. Just wanting to get some feelers out there and hoping others have had this problem. All params are normal but alk is at about 120.

Low but consistent. I really don't think it's the main issue. I'm going to do a huge wc today. I agree alk needs to be higher but it's just weird because it's happening only on one side of the tank

Some zoas can be more sensitive than others. I have some more 'premium' zoa that started as 6 heads on a frag plug. They were doing great until I had an alk drop while I was working 6 days a week and was late on a water change...down to two of them. The rest of the palys and zoas in the tank, the much more common varieties, haven't even noticed.

Thanks guys! I did a huge wc last night and cleaned the pump and make a new return line just to eliminate any culprits. I'll let y'all know the params tonight

Back
Top Bottom