Metal Detecting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

handb94

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone do it? I went a couple times using an old one from my dad's friend and didn't find a whole lot. I just bought a Bounty Hunter Lone Star. It should get here around this coming Wednesday. I usually go to the beach and look, but I live around a lot of foresty areas now so I think I am going to go hiking. I am still pretty new at this so I was looking for some advice from anyone more experienced. Thanks, Alex.

I also do it! I love it! I have found some old homesteads around here, and was able to find an old stove, an old horseshoe and an old toy cap gun. I tried at my mother in laws and we found an old sprinkler system buried about 3 inches down LOL! And of course I have found some coins and stuff, but none older than the 50's. :)
You will enjoy it! Just make sure you bring a small shovel, a bigger one, a baggie, plastic sack and probably a backpack. I have read that the best places to go are parks because people drop stuff all the time. ;)

Around slides at the park is the best place. Usually find a nice bounty. Lots of people lose their change their.

I know I'm not going to strike it rich or find anything of huge value down in south Florida, but I have a lot of free time and it will get me out of the house. Thanks for the advice jawbreaker. lol. That really is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom