mh/pc lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
anyone explain what a 150hqi light is? i'm looking at some full hoods for my 30gal long. i noticed the ends are not the screw in type. is this light better then a reg mh light. 8)

HQI is significantly more efficient than normal MH. It will need a UV shield though if the bulb doesn't already have one.

mh/pc

thanks for the info. do you think i should get a mh /pc or mh/fl for my 30gal long, 36x10 1/4 x18. the 10 1/4in wide is the max because of my overflow and powerfilter hanging on the back of tank. i have now 1 smartlight 96watt pc and 1 twin tube striplight with 1 10,000k and 1 marineglow.

I think you can just get the 150W HQI, and use a good reflector (the ends of the tank will be lower light) and I would use the 96W pc you have with a true actinic bulb. But truthfully, I think it will make very little difference either way. You'll have more light if you use the pc, than if you went with 30w flo actinics, but either way you should be able to keep an assortment of corals from light intensive to lower light corals on the ends.

I have a 58 gal tall, with 2 175 mh, and 2 15 actinics, and a 50 NO 10,000. What do I need, if anything to "balance" out the lighting? And is this enough lighting for a clam?

I have 2 55 pc's, but wasn't sure if I was going to add them to the canopy or not.

Back
Top Bottom