Micky Mouse Platty Not Doing Good In New Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i recently bought a mm platy 2 days ago to replace the spot of my guppy whom died of old age (lived for 3 years) in my 5.5 gallon tank. I had it on a bucket of tank water before i sent it to the other tank and little did i know it jumped out ! I saw it on my rug and quickly managed to put it back in the bucket (it was out for no more than 5 seconds probably) and then i added stress coat to the tank and passed it from there quickly. Immediately it hid behind my plants and it was verry shy for a while. It wants to eat but too shy to go to the front of the tank where theres a small feeder whole and im too scared to open the lid as it may jump. Now its just next to my plant resting on the same corner at different levels. What can i do to make it eat? Is it sick ? It lives with 2 other guppies.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452479357590.jpg
    1452479357590.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 50
Hope it recovers. I'd just leave it be for now and let it settle in. It will come out to get food when settled and hungry enough.

Back
Top Bottom