Micro fish for a 5 Gallon Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more question..I might be pushing it but would I be able to house a single Scarlet Badis along with 4 CPDs and a Snail?

Ill probably be changing about 1.25 gallons twice a week. :brows: I love my water pristine. :lol:

FreshObsessed said:
Hey everyone! Been a while, thought I should do a teeny update. My 4 CPDs are doing great and my Apple Snail is...well...being a snail. :cool: Idk how to describe him, kind of boring. Besides that the CPDs are schooling nice and there have been no territorial issues. I'm looking into some more inverts. Pics will be up tomorrow. Camera came in. :)

Any invert ideas that are compatible with my current stock?

Thanks all. :thanks:

I think a good place to start with inverts would be with ghost, amano, or cherry shrimp

Check out my latest question. Might ditch the shrimp, for now, and go with a Male Scarlet Badis if that can work. Maybe Pygmy sun fish if I can get my hands on one.

Pygmy sunfish are awsome basis are too both are compatible I would personally go with the badis I plan on getting some of them

Ooo, I really like the idea of Pygmy Sunfish. Tough decisions, tough decisions. I need people's opinions on wether I should get Pygmies or Badis? :)

FreshObsessed said:
Ooo, I really like the idea of Pygmy Sunfish. Tough decisions, tough decisions. I need people's opinions on wether I should get Pygmies or Badis? :)

I say go with the badis:) they may be a little difficult to feed at first. I'm starting a daphnia culture just for them lol what do you think about getting a pair of badis? I'm not sure how well that would work out in a 5 though, probably not enough space.

I say go with the badis:) they may be a little difficult to feed at first. I'm starting a daphnia culture just for them lol what do you think about getting a pair of badis? I'm not sure how well that would work out in a 5 though, probably not enough space.
4 CPDs and 1 or 2 Pygmy Sunfish or 1 or 2 Badis would overstock a 5 gallon?

FreshObsessed said:
4 CPDs and 1 or 2 Pygmy Sunfish or 1 or 2 Badis would overstock a 5 gallon?

To be honest, I'm not to sure. You also have to take into consideration the amount of space a 5G has when it has plants, and a substrate.

IMG_1331.jpg
CPD's schooling!

IMG_1326.jpg
My Red Apple snail. He looks brown. :nono:

IMG_1323.jpg
My much space is taken up in the tank....:p

:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

Everyone is settled in, eating, and schooling beautifully. I am going out tomorrow to get another fish. I might add 2 more CPDs to the school and then a centerpiece and some shrimp.

Are any bottom feeders suitable for 5 gallons? :fish2:
Pygmy Cories?

Pygmy sunfish are awesome, just picked up three today, but they're so tiny that I've seemed to have lost them in my tank lol just a thought... But with theyre blackish coloring, it should be a good contrast on your white sand

Your tank is too bare for Shrimp. IMHO Get more live plants in there. Your CPDs aren't full grown yet. Don't get too many as there is no room to retreat. Go slow.

RCS like fully cycled planted tanks with plenty of biofilm. The fish will eat all the babies I'm afraid in such a bare set up.

So many people are so eager to keep adding fish so fast, that they can crash their tank.

Fatten up those CPDs ;). I use frozen baby brine shrimp. Most CPDs are super skinny at the stores. Mine aren't.

I think adding 2 more CPDs AND other fish and Shrimp is too much too fast. Do you know what sexes your CPDs are ??? You don't want only one female for example.

You don't have enough plants yet for a Badis to feel secure. Or CPDs. My Scarlet Badis prowl around the jungle. My CPDs dart among the plants.

It doesn't have to be as dense as mine, but more than just a Moss Ball.
image-440237350.jpg
Enjoy your tank.

You'll love your CPDs. Like little Trout :)

Back
Top Bottom