Micro fish for a 5 Gallon Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FreshObsessed said:
Everyone is settled in, eating, and schooling beautifully. I am going out tomorrow to get another fish. I might add 2 more CPDs to the school and then a centerpiece and some shrimp.

Are any bottom feeders suitable for 5 gallons? :fish2:
Pygmy Cories?

In a 5g your Shrimp will be your bottom feeders.
C pygmaeus need large groups and lots of plants to be happy. At least a 10g would be better for them.

Yeah, I was in chat last night and was talking to Jeta about going slower with this tank because I have rushed tanks in the past. I am actually going to the LFS today to pick up some Anubias, mosses, java fern, and some excel and flourish. Maybe 2 more CPDs. How do I sex them?

:thanks: for that info ;)

Not sure if they were mentioned yet but, how about Scarlett Badis?

I am looking into them! Right now, I am focused on my CPDs and planting the tank. I'm going to the LFS today to get some live plants to swap for the fake plants and probably adding 2 CPDs to my school of 4. Should I start a new thread on the progressions of this tank?

FreshObsessed said:
I am looking into them! Right now, I am focused on my CPDs and planting the tank. I'm going to the LFS today to get some live plants to swap for the fake plants and probably adding 2 CPDs to my school of 4. Should I start a new thread on the progressions of this tank?

Sure :)

I was afraid I was rather surly when I was typing last night. Hope I didn't offend. I get a little passionate about fish, esp the little guys ;)

Once they color up and start showing off, Males have vivid red and a red belly. Females have red as well, but not quite as much AND they have rounded bellies. The dominant male(s) almost GLOW !!! Both sexes are pretty ;)

I should have taken a moment to read the thread a little better. My apologies as well :)

Hope you guys will follow!

No offense taken at all Coursair, I get the same way! I was starting to rush and I need to take it slow.

TO ccross, of don't worry. Too many pages to read. :p

Back
Top Bottom