micro sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you plant micro sword. I got a batch for like $5. Good deal? Also how do you care for it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120422_210345.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120422_210345.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20120422_210419.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120422_210419.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 79
It's a root plant, so trim the roots a little bit (the tips and cut off any dead roots) to promote new growth, then just plant them in the substrate.

If you want to attempt a carpet, you could spread them out a bit to see if they will fill in, however carpets require high light and CO2. I have micro swords in my 10 gallon tank which is low tech at the moment and I dose liquid fertilizer and have root tabs underneath them and they look nice, but they haven't spread or anything. I do like them a lot though looks-wise, and I'm going to try to get them to carpet for me in the future.

Eleven13 said:
It's a root plant, so trim the roots a little bit (the tips and cut off any dead roots) to promote new growth, then just plant them in the substrate.

If you want to attempt a carpet, you could spread them out a bit to see if they will fill in, however carpets require high light and CO2. I have micro swords in my 10 gallon tank which is low tech at the moment and I dose liquid fertilizer and have root tabs underneath them and they look nice, but they haven't spread or anything. I do like them a lot though looks-wise, and I'm going to try to get them to carpet for me in the future.

I managed to spread em out and plant em for now. Gonna have to pull some plants tomorrow to make room. It's kinda confusing.

Back
Top Bottom