midget fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolyptRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there such thing as a midget fish? Or atleast a growth issue making it stay small?

I purchased a platinum angel about half a year ago it was the size of a quarter when i got it. It grew normally for the first couple weeks but than stopped and was quickly out grown by another angel i purchased only a week after the platinum at the same size of a quarter. The second angel out grew the platinum within a few weeks and continues to grow but the platinum hasn't grown at all its about two inches tall and two inches long. It was in a 40 gal with my other angels until they got too big and got moved it remained in the tank until i bought a 55 gal and moved it into there and still it has yet to grow at all. Even its fins appear smaller than your typical angels.

Is it really a deformity or could there be another issue causing it to stay small?

I've never run into that in the 30+ years I've kept angels. But that definitely sounds genetic.

I have a fish that seemed to stay small. All my other tetras are growing, but it has always been small. Now it seems to be getting a bit bigger, though. Just wait it out, and see if the gills look inflamed or its fins are as perky I guess compared to other fish's.

Thanks for input :) he is completely healthy and his behaviour is normal he just looks like a dwarf angelfish if there ever were such a thing. I know it seems silly though because I've never heard of that.

Back
Top Bottom