mini cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missie

Aquarium Advice Freak
My twenty gallon tank is home to 3 baby cichlids until i get my 55 set up next week. ive had this tank going for nearly a year.. did a fishless cylce. what is causing ammonia and nitrate ? i have 3 filter pads in my filter so i could put one in my new tank to help with bacteria...is 3 too many? help!!:ermm: oh- i should also mention...this is a new thing ..been going on for a few weeks... this is not normal as i test weekly usually.

Rinse the filter pads every week.

Many waste is hard to find or stuck somewhere during weekly water changes. Take out 75% of the water, then dump in a bucket of water into your tank and you will see a lot of come out of the crevices. Then siphon until there is 50% of the water. Then fill it all the way back up.

No overfeeding please.

just to make sure.... my biowheel not working could be the cause of my water parameters being out of wack correct?

I would say so. The water wouldn't have been circulating as much and bot enough of it went through the bb in your filter.
Edit. I would keep testing thought just to make sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom