Mini jellyfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at my pods on the tank wall and saw something really weird. Mini jellyfish? They were about 4x bigger than the Copepods and there were like 10-20 of them. They were clear with white around it. Any ideas?

new tank? flatworms maybe? it's not uncommon to see clear flatworms on the glass in a new tank. they are harmless and will disappear soon if so.

Well, they were in the water column, not on the wall. It swam like a jellyfish too. It contracted it's outer skin to move up if that helps at all.

Well, pics aren't going to happen lol. Way too small of an animal. Im going to try to find a pic on the internet

Sorry to jump in, but I think I found one on my glass, and I just wanted to know if urs had small attenae moving around?

I have only seen one so far :( But what do they grow up to be is my question? lol its a world of confusion for me! Too much Googling and to much info- my brain is going to shut down and overload soon!

Awesome thanx !! Luv the screen name by the way :) I have a visual everytime on Christopher walken saying it lol

Yes I did. In paragraphs 6-8 they talk about the nematocysts. It says they kill off prey with their open spear like stinger that has fluids in it. I talked to my biology teacher, asking if she knew anything about them. She said that they kill off the bacteria with their nematocysts and reproduce sexually. She also talked about the grounded ones and how they have basal stems. She said we will be having a lesson on it and that if I bring one in, we will spot feed it brine shrimp. I understand that isn't Bacteria but I'm not sure if She was just misunderstanding me and explaining a different type of Hydrozoa. Also, what does cnidarian mean? They said it multiple times on the website. Thanks again for the link :)

Breezyrae said:
Awesome thanx !! Luv the screen name by the way :) I have a visual everytime on Christopher walken saying it lol

Lol thanks! I have a particular picture I like of the scene and was looking at it when I made the account lol.

Yes :) so basically they are gonna swim around and die eventually?? And is what we have called the Scyphozoans then? Or are they gonna eventually land and grow into something else? And they are formed from polyps?

needmorecowbell said:
Lol thanks! I have a particular picture I like of the scene and was looking at it when I made the account lol.

Lol yeah that's one of fave skits! Classic

Back
Top Bottom