Mini jellyfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breezyrae said:
Yes :) so basically they are gonna swim around and die eventually?? And is what we have called the Scyphozoans then? Or are they gonna eventually land and grow into something else? And they are formed from polyps?

I know that they reproduce in the medusa stage so they also have babies. Peppermint shrimp eat them and I have no clue what scyphozoans are. I think that there are females and males, the females being the ones that are grounded.

Haha alright thanks so much. I can't wait till my class gets to this lesson. I'll feel pretty smart lol.

Okay, in reading I found that aiptasia is part of this family... Did I read that correct? And what do the grounded ones look like? Cuz I would love to kno where the heck mine came from lol.

I have live rock. I have a fuge setup in the 29 Biocube it's got chaeto and live rock rubble. I use chemipure, purigen and filter floss as the filter media

It probably came from the live rock. If there are little stick things on the rock it's probably the ones that bud off the medusa stage hydroids.

Back
Top Bottom