Minor catastrophe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy fm

Aquarium Advice Activist
Felix my cat fell in my ten gallon tank, lid, led light strip and all. Luckily Felix is ok. Miraculously the light strip is ok. And the fish were shocked,but appear to be ok. Although I'm worried about my black Molly as he was partially under the lid.
I did have to clean up about a half a gallon of water off the floor,stand, books,couch me and replace my power strip as it started to short out. The filter, heater and pump all appear fine and I hung the new power strip. The other one was on an end table so thought it was fine. I was wrong.

That sucks, glad to hear everyone is OK.

A couple of years ago one of our cats jumped up on the glass lids of a 15g tank that was on my desk and shattered it. I spent hours trying to find and remove little pieces of glass from the sand substrate.

With a fish tank "It's always something". Outbreak, power outage, mysterious fish death, ECT. Too many others to list. Sounds like you came through okay on this one. Good job.

Never a dull moment.

My least favorite is MIA. Counting the fish. Swearing you had 12 not 11? Wondering about jumpers or adding to the food chain. When did it happen how can you not know....

Lucky for me it seems my cats have now lost interest in my tanks! Glad it sounds like everything has turned out ok.

That's a bad mr. Kitty!

Felix has jumped on the tank several times as a shortcut from the couch to my chair. I've always been lucky as he got off and didn't fall in,okay not so lucky. I'm glad he didn't dump the whole tank. Ten gallons of water and fish on the floor would have been a real disaster.

I will tell you this cats are smart I don't see him trying a second dive anytime soon . but I would still make some kind of deterrent just to be safe and to avoid any type of recurrence , I"m sure the fish were not happy sharing there space.

This is why cats are not allowed in my fish cave... they just don't understand boundaries..

This is why cats are not allowed in my fish cave... they just don't understand boundaries..

Unfortunately the fish are in my living room and Felix came first. I don't think he'll try it again though. He does not like water.

Update on catastrophe. Everything worked out well and the Molly that I was worried about Seems no worse for wear.

Back
Top Bottom