Misc. Nano Reef "build"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, just thought I'd share this little "build" I made today :D. I had some extra sand, rock, a 0.75g bowl, some 7000k LEDs, and an air pump lying around. I'm actually kind of surprised with how well it turned out, but really I'm not going to to do anything with it.

The air bubbles create a reasonable flow, the lights are perfect, and the LR rubble looks kind of cool. Anyway, if an admin wants to delete this because it's not "serious", that's ok. Thanks for looking!

P.S. I was thinking of adding a large tang... sound good? (Just kidding! :))

Thanks! I'm actually starting to consider using the tank... Maybe a teeny tiny hermit at first and then maybe a tiny zoa frag? I added some frozen brine shrimp just now, just like I did to cycle my main 3G build.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to leave it running , and I'll probably test it every weekend just to see if I can get a cycle going. I'm going to start doing topoffs daily, just as kind of a side project to keep it running until I see any serious progress. I'll keep updating this thread whenever there's news... Stay tuned!

Pic with a "cover" and my hand for scale. Also, I put a very small reptile heater pad under the tank, and it seems to be keeping the tank at around 77. Cool!

Sorry! Out of the blue, the forum says I have exceeded my photo "quota" by about 250kb. I didn't know about such a limit... Could a forum admin please pm me or someone explaining what this is? I just would like to know when I can post more pics... Until then I won't be able to post nay more pics of my 3g build thread or this project.

I made a photobucket account, but it says I have to wait 24 hrs for server repairs before uploading. I'll add pics as soon as possible! Btw, the heater is keeping the tank at a perfect 80 degrees :). Also, the water is getting kind of cloudy from decaying brine shrimp, so I'm sure the ammonia spike will come soon.

I'm thinking sps dominated with a couple deresa clams??? Haha jk I'm in for the ride though :)

Cute idea! I dont see why you couldnt keep some inverts and maybe a shrimp in there. :)
Just gotta keep it clean is all. :)

Back
Top Bottom