Missing corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased three bronze Corys and now one is missing. If it still alive and kickin awesome, but if it's dead....should I look for it so as to not spread anything to the other two cories? The tank is a standard twenty gallon with a good amount of plants. I also have ten neon tetras and two ghost shrimp and lots of snails.

Atxpunx said:
I recently purchased three bronze Corys and now one is missing. If it still alive and kickin awesome, but if it's dead....should I look for it so as to not spread anything to the other two cories? The tank is a standard twenty gallon with a good amount of plants. I also have ten neon tetras and two ghost shrimp and lots of snails.

If one is missing (presumed dead) try and find the body. You don't want to leave it in the tank it could cause an ammonia spike. Have you checked the filter, hood, light fixture, floor behind/infront/beside/under the tank and in all decorations?

Well....no sign of the missing Cory. In or out of the tank. I'll have to keep an eye on ammonia spikes because the way I have my tank with big lava rocks with lots of holes, I could crush a shrimp while tearing down the tank looking for one Cory. I hope it doesn't sicken the other inhabitants. I have lots of snails that are always being born(little) so maybe they'll find him and save me a lot of trouble.

one of my smaller platies died and i finally found it when i did a water change and took all of the media out of my aquaclear filter, what was left of the body was stuck between the bottom and the sponge

I would stick your hand and go all the way around the tank. Cories are excellent hiders. I could not find two for a week before they decided to show their faces.

Back
Top Bottom