missing fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sal37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
please can someone help. I started out with 8 fancy guppies mixed male and female.I have lost four over the last week and i mean lost! I have no bodies and none of them had shown any sign of distress or illness. I have moved the remaining four to my smaller tank and i also have a couple of fry still in the main tank which i will move as they get bigger. I have two large bristlenoses in the big tank, could they be responsible for the deaths? I also have in the tank
  • 4 blackline rasbora
  • 4 silvertips
  • 3 zebra danio
  • 3 pearl danio
  • 3 zebra loaches
  • 1white molly(she will not tolerate any other mollies!)
  • 4 platys
  • 2 small female bristlenoses
I would like to add some colour to the tank but if i have an assassin fish in this lot i may have to rethink!!

No snails? I lost some fish bodies recently, and I had no idea where they went (I was out of town), then the other day another guppy died, and my snails were ALL over it! :(

What about your filtration system? Have you looked in it to see if they have jumped/gotten sucked into it?

I do have a few snails, they came in on some of my plants, one of the reasons I got the zebra loaches. They do seem to do a good job of keeping the snail population down. I am really stumped. I know bristlenoses will get rid of any dead fish but these guppys were all healthy!

Tahl
I have a stocking over the input of my filter because I have got some guppy fry in the loose plants at the top of my tank :confused:

Your bristlenose may have gotten it. I have had two fish go missing and I thought my pleco just had a feast... I'm curious as to what answers others will give though

My fish weren't sick either, but I think they might have been at the end of their lifespan.

Could be. You have to think of it as fish (as do other living things) just die and sometimes randomly. They are tiny creatures that are taken out of their natural environment and put into a place that is almost completely controlled by us. You can't save everything.

Back
Top Bottom