Missing Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

regaltang

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good Morning.
I just purchased a 3 inch Rainbow Wrasse yesterday and this morning I cannot find him. :cry: He is bigger than the other fish and cannot for the life of me figure out where is is. I took all the stuff out of the back of the cabinet to see if he may have jumped out and landed on the floor, but nothing is there, no wet spots on the floor either. I imagine I will have to remove all the rock tonight and see if he is laying somewhere amongst the rock or buried in the sand.
Has this happened to anyone? My other fish are two clown, 1 yellow tang and 1 strawberry gramma.
Thanks for any input.

my guess is hes under the sand !!! due to u getting him yesterday might take a few days to see him i would not jump the gun and start digging thru the rocks looking just yet !!! mabe by thurs-friday

First and foremost, quarantine all new fish as it would be an even greater pain to remove them all to a hospital tank if you introduce a pathogen of some sort.

Second, I agree with SS....give the fish a chance to get acclimated before tearing the tank down, many fish hide for several days.

I had one that found the tiniest hole in a rock (he slept and hid there) and half the time, you never knew where he was, unless you knew about the hole. Then you could find him (his tail). Don't worry...he's there-he just doesn't want to see you yet!! ha ha.

Stacy

missing fish

Rainbow wrasse found swimming happily in the tank. :D I guess he was under the sand. I got rather concerned that he did not come out from wherever he was at feeding time this a.m. when the other fish were feeding and was no where to be found in the rockwork.
Thanks for your advice.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom