Missing YoYo Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any experience with yo yo (Pakistani) loaches hiding for long periods. I have not been able to find one of mine for 3 days now. I have noticed they sometimes hide under the filter at times but a minute or so later they come out. But one is missing :(. I wasn't aware of them being jumpers so I don't think it was an escape. amm trites and trates are all fine too

I have yet to see a YOYo jump out of a tank but have noticed they are very good hiders. Often times they will slide into small crevices of drift wood or even burrow depending on the substrate. When I am doing a full cleaning of my tank, I will have to tease them out of small crevices to remove decor. I would recommend moving your decor around to see if you can find him.

It's been 10 days since I saw him last and 2 pwc's I moved everything about but still no sign. Bad times:(. Hoping he will just appear randomly

jbuck said:
It's been 10 days since I saw him last and 2 pwc's I moved everything about but still no sign. Bad times:(. Hoping he will just appear randomly

What kind of filter do you have? I lost two YoYos because they made it through the filter (canister) and died in the trays,.

I have a standard juwel filter so I do think they could sneak in....

Back
Top Bottom