mission save sharky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi alLexX,
All you need is a 10g and they don't cost much. You can find them on craigslist for $10.00-$20.00 with all the trimmings.
If you can explain to her it will help protect her investment. If any new fish infect the ones you already have, it could potentially kill every fish in the tank. I unfortunately learned this the hard way. It's torture to watch your entire fish population die one after the other in an 8 hour span.
We had, had those fish for almost 6 years and it killed all of us to be so helpless to do anything.
Trust me, it will save you a ton of grief on down the line.
ive tried to get them to let me get one,my dad would probably be OK with it,but my mom says no more tanks. ive tried explaining it to her,but she beleives every word fish store employees tell her about there fish being healthy as can be.i wish i could get one,but she wont let me. unless the stock of my 10 could go in my 55(female betta,3 ottos,ghost shrimp),i cnat get a qt

ive tried to get them to let me get one,my dad would probably be OK with it,but my mom says no more tanks. ive tried explaining it to her,but she beleives every word fish store employees tell her about there fish being healthy as can be.i wish i could get one,but she wont let me. unless the stock of my 10 could go in my 55(female betta,3 ottos,ghost shrimp),i cnat get a qt

Sorry to hear that your Mom's been brainwashed by a Petsmart employee. She'll have to learn the hard way like I did, and loose an entire tank of fish.
No one told me anything about QT or what to look out for, until I joined AA. My not very LFS is also very careful. But all it took was one fish one time to kill off every fish in my entire 55g tank, in 8 hours.
I was so traumatised by what happened, I was never going to get more fish. But I found out that I really missed having them around.
So as of now I have 2-10g, 2-55g, instead of 1 55g and a QT.

Back
Top Bottom