Mixing molly colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know the mollies we commonly get have genetics from most colors of mollies... For instance my Dalmatian has gold flecks and faint orange on her side...
One of my little creamsicle babies has bred with my Dalmatian babies as well as my adult silver Molly... What interesting color variations I'm interested in getting...

What have you guys experienced yourself in mixing colors?

I dont have mollies but I have platies and they only breed with the same color fish sadly. I with they would interbreed though as I'm sure I would get many other interesting color variations.

My male Dalmatian Molly prefers my Dalmatian Female & Creamsicle Female. BUT (although I didn't see the mating, Silver Female had a batch of fry).

The little 8 wk old Creamsicle boy went for my Dalmatian 10 wk old girls and my adult Silver female ( she actually stood still for him ) haha

Ya I wish mine would do that. I have painted platies, blue rainbow platies, and one female wag platy but they don't interbreed. What kind of color variations have you gotten so far?

My Creamsicle adult Suki came from the store pregnant (obviously) :) and some of her babies were born orange like her and some seemed half orange and like a band around the middle were gray. The ones with the band grew to have a really neat shiny color like orange and silver mixed together and then made a new color... Very hard to explain... Will see how they grow.. They're only 9 wks old. Suki had another batch the following month and most are Orange with maybe one or two with the interesting color.
My Silver, Charger, seemed to have all silver, however I'm noticing a pencil thin black line appearing on some of their top fins... They're only 3 wks old, so hard to tell what will come of it yet.
I saved only one of my Dalmatian Cruella's babies and that baby is starting to get spots...

I haven't had the time yet to really see the possibilities because they could still be using stored sperm from pet store breeding. The little creamsicle male baby bred with Charger... So will see what happens with Silver x Creamsicle...
Most of my 2 batches of Dalmatian fry that are 9&11 wks old are GIRLS and pregnant... HOW they drop majority girls I don't know... But they're definitely pregnant and dropping soon. The Dalmatian males aren't showing a gonopodium yet but the younger creamsicle ones are... So we will see what happens with Dal x Cream BIG time.. LOL I have 25+ 11 wk old preggo Dalmatians..
They're approaching 1 1/2".... COME ONNNN 2"! :p

Back
Top Bottom